- From: "Praveen" <praveen.unnithan@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: 18 Aug 2005 03:58:59 -0700
I am a newbie in the vast world of VSAM. I came across couple of doubts
in my very long and twisted learning curve. I would be really
greatefull if someone can help me out?
Can a VSAM File act like a GDG BASE. i.e it should be like a GDG whose
any version and all version acts like a VSAM, with a .DATA and .INDEX
In the SORT PGM utility when we give a VSAM file to be sorted, what
exactly does the sort utility do. Does it sort the VSAM INDEX only or
VSAM Data only or Both. To be more accurate how does the SORT utility
Thank you very much for your valuable help..
- Prev by Date: Re: Crystal Reports and COBOL
- Next by Date: Re: Crystal Reports and COBOL
- Previous by thread: Crystal Reports and COBOL
- Next by thread: Re: VSAM doubt