Re: COBOL FAQ *moved*

"Pete Dashwood" <dashwood@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:3mtsroF18lkg5U1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> I only looked at the "plug-ins" on the Firefox web site. Didn't realize
> there are extensions.

As far as I know, there aren't two distinct things, one being called
"plug-ins" and another called "extensions". I think the "official" name is
"extensions", but I believe that both names refer to the same concept.

> I didn't see a Firefox plug-in for IE compatibility. I heard there was
> such a facility for Netscape 8.

I haven't seen such an extension either, but I have seen one that does
something very similar. It adds an item to the right-click menu: "Open in
IE", presumably to be used when you accidentally stumble upon an IE-only
site while using Firefox.

- Oliver

.