Re: COBOL FAQ *moved*

"Pete Dashwood" <dashwood@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:3mtsroF18lkg5U1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> I only looked at the "plug-ins" on the Firefox web site. Didn't realize
> there are extensions.

As far as I know, there aren't two distinct things, one being called
"plug-ins" and another called "extensions". I think the "official" name is
"extensions", but I believe that both names refer to the same concept.

> I didn't see a Firefox plug-in for IE compatibility. I heard there was
> such a facility for Netscape 8.

I haven't seen such an extension either, but I have seen one that does
something very similar. It adds an item to the right-click menu: "Open in
IE", presumably to be used when you accidentally stumble upon an IE-only
site while using Firefox.

- Oliver

  • Re: LOTS OF TIME ON MY HANDS!!!!!
    ... Don't know of KOA (Koala Paint?). ... The filename extensions don't refer to the programs that can use the graphic ...
    (comp.sys.cbm)
  • Changing the company name...
    ... tried to find .INF files as it was adviced in previous topics, ... When I open my CAB file, there are only files with extensions ... Prev by Date: ...
  • Re: update combobox in tabctrl multipage.
    ... The secret to working with tabbed pages is understanding ... that the tabs are just extensions, if you will, of the form. ... you refer to controls as if they all appeared on a single screen. ...
    (microsoft.public.access.forms)
  • VS 2005 and VS 6
    ... can projects in VS 6 remain in VS 6 until the decision is made to port them ... extensions from VB 6. ... Mike Ober. ... Prev by Date: ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.general)
  • Re: f2003 or F2003 ?
    ... rudra wrote: ... well refer it by the same name. ... The idea of using file name extensions to indicate the language version ...
    (comp.lang.fortran)