Re: Problem RUNing 1997 GNT

"Gael Wilson" <gael.wilson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:dka8eh$kr4$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> "P Hoberg" <nospamphobergnospam@xxxxxxx> wrote in message
>>I loaded net express 3.1, hoping to be able to run a set of .INT's and
>>.GNT's that were compiled in 1997. The statement RUN ABC123.GNT gives an
>>error saying it cannot load ABC123.GNT.DLL. I cannot find run time
>>switches in the 3.1 help system. Do I need to load an even earlier
>>version of Micro Focus COBOL? I doubt I can find one that old. Any tip
>>would be appreciated. TIA, Paul
>>

> Paul,
>
> You should be able to run your old INT code using Net Express.
>
> With GNT code you won't be able to run it if it was created using any
> 16-bit product, or the 32-bit Workbench 4.0 product. The reason for that
> is that the product was sigificantly redesigned in order to support
> threading etc after Workbench 4.0 and therefore the Net Express product
> line does not contain support for the old GNT fomat.
>
> That is probably not what you wanted to hear, but I hope it clarifies the
> situation nonetheless.
>
> Gael.

Thank you, Gael. That's my problem 16 bit Workbench was used. So unless I
can find my old run-time routines to support this code, I'm stuck. I
probably need more that coblib.dle, huh? Paul

  • spork They are obscuring above the dorm now, wont conceal paces later.
    ... It's very dependent, I'll defeat ... Paul when the wise prescriptions tuck in front of the arab pond. ... I was requesting chancellors to mature Imam, ... dependence and repay it in support of its congregation. ...
    (rec.games.roguelike.nethack)
  • Re: If Ron Paul Loses...
    ... Iowa demonstrated that his Internet presence can translate ... Paul, but he still wasn't expected to win. ... a split in votes could lead to Ron Paul coming right up the ... His huge Internet support, his ability ...
    (uk.politics.misc)
  • Re: If Ron Paul Loses...
    ... Iowa demonstrated that his Internet presence can translate ... Paul, but he still wasn't expected to win. ... a split in votes could lead to Ron Paul coming right up the ... His huge Internet support, his ability ...
    (uk.politics.misc)
  • Re: If Ron Paul Loses...
    ... Iowa demonstrated that his Internet presence can ... into real support on the ground. ... Paul, but he still wasn't expected to win. ... a split in votes could lead to Ron Paul coming right up ...
    (uk.politics.misc)
  • Re: Why are there so many East Indians in Vancouver?
    ... honest south very since? ... Paul never types until Murad ... No presidential closed herbs will why support the ... in particular the satisfactory loose department, ...
    (rec.audio.car)