Re: Search for a string using SORT

docdwarf@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
Eh? First I'm 'looking too deep into the DFSORT doc' and then I'm not
looking deeply enough

Yeah, I know it sounds silly, but it's a matter of following the links
from the right starting place to the right ending place. It's just
the way Bookmanager sets things up. If you use the pdf version of the
DFSORT APG and just start at the beginning of the INCLUDE doc, all the
silliness ends. :)

Frank Yaeger - DFSORT Team (IBM) - yaeger@xxxxxxxxxx
Specialties: ICETOOL, IFTHEN, OVERLAY, Symbols, Migration
=> DFSORT/MVS is on the Web at http://www.ibm.com/storage/dfsort/

  • Re: Simple record extraction from a sequential file
    ... Donald Russell on IBM Mainframe Discussion List ... If DFSORT can do what I need, ... from one or more tapes in various geographically diverse MVS sites, ... For IBM-MAIN subscribe / signoff / archive access instructions, ...
    (bit.listserv.ibm-main)
  • Re: Retiring after 43+ years with IBM
    ... Long live the mainframe, IBM, z/OS, DFSORT and ICETOOL! ... Frank Yaeger - DFSORT Development Team - yaeger@xxxxxxxxxx ... To get a good Return on your Investment, ...
    ... I'm looking forward to retirement, ... Long live the mainframe, IBM, z/OS, DFSORT and ICETOOL! ... send email to listserv@xxxxxxxxxxx with the message: INFO IBM-MAIN ...