Re: Any comments? (Answers to Pete)

On Thu, 6 Apr 2006 02:28:44 +1200, "Pete Dashwood"
<dashwood@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I understand what you (or The Bible) is saying here. But I simply can't
accept it. How can I personally be held accountable for what an acestor did
at the dawn of Time? How is that fair? I'm not even responsible for what my
Father or Grandfather did (a perceptive observer might note that I wasn't
born at the time...) before I came along, and even afterwards.

Variations of this philosophy have always been popular among those
with inherited wealth and power. And since they have the power,
their philosophy has power as well.

http://www.usenet.com

  • E-prime = plain speech?
    ... kick them in the butt, just to emphasize his power. ... to bend over as soon as they saw the king coming. ... Deist, not Atheist, philosophy. ...
    (soc.religion.quaker)
  • Dawn Journal - August 30, 2010
    ... Dawn Journal ... thrusting gently with its ion propulsion system. ... electrical power to operate all systems and still achieve maximum thrust. ... The largest consumer of power onboard the ship, the ion propulsion ...
    (sci.space.news)
  • Re: Any news of howlers on the east coast?
    ... John S. Wilkins, Associate, Philosophy, University of Sydneyhttp://evolvingthoughts.net ... There was very little rain in our area; a bit of luck, ... bodies of water to have been affected by a storm surge. ... Our power is on, and the TV, Internet and phone service are all ...
    (talk.origins)
  • Re: insurgents murder again 11... 12 iranian pilgrims
    ... Shi'ite Muslim shrine in Iraq at dawn on Thursday, killing 12 people and ... Israeli *insurgents* kill 17 Palestinians Thursday: ... Tony Blair's Government has quietly and systematically taken power ...
    (uk.politics.misc)
  • Thankyou and goodbye.
    ... My essay is due and I have to carry on ... Its about the force, the power, of the 'integral text' ... That's maths, philosophy, logic etc. to you and me. ... I had to figure out where Godel made his manoevure, ...
    (sci.logic)