Re: Newbie Question

docdwarf@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

So let me get this straight... you don't know COBOL, you don't have a
compiler so you cannot test your results... and someone expects a valid
answer out of you?

Based on the amount of attention and resources being paid to this problem
there is no money involved in it... good thing, too!

DD

Thanks all for the great help, I definitely have enough to go on. I
really appreciate it.

As for not having a CoBOL compiler or not having lots of knowledge
about the language, I don't need to get the CoBOL program to work, it
already does and I have an exe of it, I just have to make a VB module
of it so it is automated, the CoBOL version needs a user to enter in a
number.

Thanks again all.

Peace.

  • Re: invoking a method
    ... The use of SET as shown here, will not work outside the Fujitsu Object COBOL ... invoke DBObject ... I will admit I have not worked on anyone else's Cobol compiler so I ... typical reference manual for a Cobol Compiler will have line and box based ...
    (comp.lang.cobol)
  • Re: C03 abend when omitting CEE.SCEERUN from JCL
    ... The AMODE, RMODE, RENT, and RES information are link-edit information, not ... "compiler option" information. ... VS Cobol Program is actually OS/VS Cobol (amblist shows 5740CB103 as ... Do you mean VS COBOL II or OS/VS COBOL? ...
    (bit.listserv.ibm-main)
  • Re: COBOL Compiler for Windows
    ... rebadged Micro Focus compiler. ... to run TSO/SPF on your mainframe. ... Or maybe he wants a mainframe emulation environment, ... Why would a small developer pay several thousand for a .NET COBOL ...
    (comp.lang.cobol)
  • Re: compile+link Fujitsu Linux
    ... has some problems for use in business programming. ... It is common for most of a large business application to be written in Cobol, ... chosen the compiler options and link parameters that work best for me. ... I keep telling you it's not my way, it's the Unix norm. ...
    (comp.lang.cobol)
  • Re: Help me identify a Cobol database
    ... I DO/Don't know COBOL ... As indicated M/F traditionally use xxxx.DAT to indicate the data file, but in this instance,, the developer chose to use the extension xxxx.DB. ... To complicate it even further,, the developer, in order to save disk space, may have used a compiler DIRECTIVE to compress data - basically repeating characters are indicated by a count. ... I don't know whether they are still active but if you google on 'COBOL FAQ',, it may have references to COBOL Developers who have produced Data conversions - primarily they were aiming at converting from COBOL-Vendor-A to COBOL-Vendor-B compilers. ...
    (comp.lang.cobol)