Re: Newbie Question

docdwarf@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

So let me get this straight... you don't know COBOL, you don't have a
compiler so you cannot test your results... and someone expects a valid
answer out of you?

Based on the amount of attention and resources being paid to this problem
there is no money involved in it... good thing, too!

DD

Thanks all for the great help, I definitely have enough to go on. I
really appreciate it.

As for not having a CoBOL compiler or not having lots of knowledge
about the language, I don't need to get the CoBOL program to work, it
already does and I have an exe of it, I just have to make a VB module
of it so it is automated, the CoBOL version needs a user to enter in a
number.

Thanks again all.

Peace.

  • Re: invoking a method
    ... The use of SET as shown here, will not work outside the Fujitsu Object COBOL ... invoke DBObject ... I will admit I have not worked on anyone else's Cobol compiler so I ... typical reference manual for a Cobol Compiler will have line and box based ...
    (comp.lang.cobol)
  • Re: C03 abend when omitting CEE.SCEERUN from JCL
    ... The AMODE, RMODE, RENT, and RES information are link-edit information, not ... "compiler option" information. ... VS Cobol Program is actually OS/VS Cobol (amblist shows 5740CB103 as ... Do you mean VS COBOL II or OS/VS COBOL? ...
    (bit.listserv.ibm-main)
  • Re: COBOL Compiler for Windows
    ... rebadged Micro Focus compiler. ... to run TSO/SPF on your mainframe. ... Or maybe he wants a mainframe emulation environment, ... Why would a small developer pay several thousand for a .NET COBOL ...
    (comp.lang.cobol)
  • Re: Is Micro Focus doomed?
    ... I was shocked and amazed at the prices charged for COBOL compilers. ... I admit that at one time I could not afford a COBOL compiler, ... and programming in the first place. ... > fees for the compiler. ...
    (comp.lang.cobol)
  • Re: AIFCHANGELOGON
    ... a reference for the system, and programmers, to use system intrinsics. ... I don't know Walter Murray as maybe you do. ... there are few people on the planet who know HP's COBOL ... else in the ???INTR files the compiler would need to know. ...
    (comp.sys.hp.mpe)