Re: mf cobol line sequetial sequential

ribjo wrote:
Hello all,

I'm working with hp-ux on IA64, mf cobol server express 4 on mainframe
migrations.

The reports (files) resulting from cobol programs look great on
printers! But...

When the last element of the record is pic x, mf cobol truncates on
spaces!

We are working with line sequential and the problem is that when the
output file is data (input for another program) we need
"line-sequential-fixed-record"! How can we get that?

Next I present our compile script zoomed to cob32:
--cut--
cob32 \
-C SEQUENTIAL=LINE \
-C PERFORM-TYPE=COB370 \
-C IBMCOMP \
-C SPZERO \
-C nolist \
-C progid-comment \
-C assign=external \
-C NOBOUND \
-C OLDNEXTSENTENCE \
-x -g -U -o $1.bin $1.cob \
-L${ORACLE_HOME}/lib32/ \
${ORACLE_HOME}/precomp/lib32/cobsqlintf.o \
/usr/local/ditic/vispf/vispf.o \
-lclntsh -lm -lc \
`cat ${ORACLE_HOME}/lib32/ldflags` \
`cat ${ORACLE_HOME}/lib32/sysliblist`
--cut--

Thanks guys!

http://www.microfocus.com/Resources/Newsletters/SupportLine/20050101-007.asp

See asc2ebc.zip in
http://supportline.microfocus.com/examplesandutilities/nesamp.asp

See Thane Hubbel in
http://www.cobug.com/cobug/docs/codesamples0020.html

and 53,000 other hits in Google on [micro focus cobol line sequential]

.