Re: mf cobol line sequetial sequential

ribjo wrote:
Hello all,

I'm working with hp-ux on IA64, mf cobol server express 4 on mainframe
migrations.

The reports (files) resulting from cobol programs look great on
printers! But...

When the last element of the record is pic x, mf cobol truncates on
spaces!

We are working with line sequential and the problem is that when the
output file is data (input for another program) we need
"line-sequential-fixed-record"! How can we get that?

Next I present our compile script zoomed to cob32:
--cut--
cob32 \
-C SEQUENTIAL=LINE \
-C PERFORM-TYPE=COB370 \
-C IBMCOMP \
-C SPZERO \
-C nolist \
-C progid-comment \
-C assign=external \
-C NOBOUND \
-C OLDNEXTSENTENCE \
-x -g -U -o $1.bin $1.cob \
-L${ORACLE_HOME}/lib32/ \
${ORACLE_HOME}/precomp/lib32/cobsqlintf.o \
/usr/local/ditic/vispf/vispf.o \
-lclntsh -lm -lc \
`cat ${ORACLE_HOME}/lib32/ldflags` \
`cat ${ORACLE_HOME}/lib32/sysliblist`
--cut--

Thanks guys!

http://www.microfocus.com/Resources/Newsletters/SupportLine/20050101-007.asp

See asc2ebc.zip in
http://supportline.microfocus.com/examplesandutilities/nesamp.asp

See Thane Hubbel in
http://www.cobug.com/cobug/docs/codesamples0020.html

and 53,000 other hits in Google on [micro focus cobol line sequential]

  • Re: Old broken COBOL programs from the 70s and 80s
    ... Will people please comment on these old broken COBOL programs from the ... I'll take issue with your limitation on the BASIC language, ... acronym for COmmon Business Oriented Language., ...
    (comp.lang.cobol)
  • mf cobol line sequetial sequential
    ... I'm working with hp-ux on IA64, mf cobol server express 4 on mainframe ... The reports resulting from cobol programs look great on ...
    (comp.lang.cobol)
  • Re: Source code of large programs wanted
    ... My interest is in measuring source code. ... I would like to measure Cobol source and am ... The large COBOL programs I see are generally in the range of 4,000 to 8,000 lines. ... At a minimum you would have to sign a pretty scary non-disclosure agreement to have even a hope of seeing a company's business COBOL programs. ...
    (comp.lang.cobol)
  • Re: Problems that occur in production
    ... I'm looking for information about problems that could occur in production ... with Cobol programs and that could generate abend. ... In our course "Enterprise COBOL Update I: ...
    (bit.listserv.ibm-main)
  • Re: Micro Focus COBOL runtime, /clr:pure, etc.
    ... I'll definitely try the Generate Directives File setting. ... We can produce pure MSIL from .NET COBOL. ... But even verifiable assemblies can depend on assemblies that aren't ... COBOL programs typically do lots of things that aren't MSIL primitive ...
    (comp.lang.cobol)