Hello,

I have the following datatype:

03 tabelle.
05 occurs 9.
07 occurs 9.
10 elem.
12 elem-a pic 9.
12 elem-b pic 9.

How can I reset the datatype, so that no value is set?

Thanks a lot!

MOVE ALL ZERO TO TABELLE.

I've never understood why people do this.

Surely the figcon ALL is redundant in the above?

Can you explain this for me please, Donald?

Pete.

Sure. I use the "all" to differentiate between a single value being used
for a single parameter and a series of ASCII characters being moved to
sub-fields at the source level so I do not have to go back and check the
format of the receiving field.

Donald

Ah, I see...

Thanks a lot.

Pete.

  • Re: Reset data
    ... 10 elem. ... How can I reset the datatype, so that no value is set? ... MOVE ALL ZERO TO TABELLE. ...
    (comp.lang.cobol)
  • Re: Reset data
    ... How can I reset the datatype, so that no value is set? ... Whatever happens to be in memory is a "value", ... MOVE ZERO-TABLE to TABELLE. ...
    (comp.lang.cobol)
  • Reset data
    ... 03 tabelle. ... 10 elem. ... How can I reset the datatype, so that no value is set? ...
    (comp.lang.cobol)
  • Re: Reset data
    ... Pete Dashwood wrote: ... 10 elem. ... How can I reset the datatype, so that no value is set? ... MOVE ALL ZERO TO TABELLE. ...
    (comp.lang.cobol)
  • Re: Reset data
    ... Mitch Steens wrote: ... 10 elem. ... How can I reset the datatype, so that no value is set? ... MOVE ALL ZERO TO TABELLE. ...
    (comp.lang.cobol)