Re: File operations

"Michael Mattias" <mmattias@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:x_fGh.2442$tv6.251@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
There is no absolute "best;" there is only "best IN MY ENVIRONMENT AND
APPLICATION CONTEXT."

You essentially solved your design problem when you realized you either
have to store the records in the order you will want them or SORT them at
run time.

This is really a "designer's call" based on other considerations.

MCM

Ok, got it. Last question. If I have an open file, and the pointer is at the
end of the file, how can I set it to the beginning of the file again,
without closing and reopening the file?

thanks!!!!

  • [8FOLD] Template #3
    ... "You lead a very eventful life, don't you, Mr. Kidman?" ... lunatics collapsing in the middle of your store... ... threats have some sort of motivation behind them. ...
    (rec.arts.comics.creative)
  • Re: Bad feelings in Wickes
    ... to sort it out. ... insisted that I should approach the exit without the carrier bag, ... test if the machine would beep. ... A few years My brother and I went into a Wicks Store and bought a large ...
    (uk.legal)
  • C 128s ROM socket
    ... sort of a new topic, so I didn't reply to that. ... I've thought about that ROM socket in the C128 a lot and have on occasion ... So I'm hoping to use something on the IEC port to store more ... up trying to read/write to a serial flash ram chip via the user port.. ...
    (comp.sys.cbm)
  • Re: all this talk of clothing made in china...
    ... USA." and in her store, she's only going to sell items that are made ... and just the sort of person that should think about joining the ... I was brought up by parents (mother, mostly) who instilled me with all ...
    (uk.people.support.depression)
  • Re: OT: Materialism and reproductive success.
    ... My fear is that this sort of behavior is growing rather than ... matches in the store at Christmastime over who could take the last one. ... Robert Grumbine http://www.radix.net/~bobg/ Science faqs and amateur activities notes and links. ... Sagredo (Galileo Galilei) "You present these recondite matters with too much ...
    (talk.origins)