BLOB (binary large object) file in Cobol .DAT file

Hi,

Can Cobol possibly store a BLOB object into an Indexed File?? Say a
jpeg/gif/png file stored in a single field. I'm using MF NetExpress.

A workaround of this nature would be to store the "filename (including
the \directory)" of the jpeg/gif/png in a PIC X(255) data
identifier.... then during viewing it by retrieving the file from the
READ statement.

This time I wanted to physically (if you might call it) load the jpeg/
gif/png file into the .DAT file.

Any solution to this problem?

  • Re: BLOB (binary large object) file in Cobol .DAT file
    ... Can Cobol possibly store a BLOB object into an Indexed File?? ... jpeg/gif/png file stored in a single field. ... I'm using MF NetExpress. ... A workaround of this nature would be to store the "filename (including ...
    (comp.lang.cobol)
  • Re: BLOB (binary large object) file in Cobol .DAT file
    ... Can Cobol possibly store a BLOB object into an Indexed File?? ... jpeg/gif/png file stored in a single field. ... I'm using MF NetExpress. ...
    (comp.lang.cobol)
  • Re: Combo Box look up
    ... based - and stores it into a single field, its Control Source. ... the combo box will store one field but display other ... >teofilo dot herrera at AMC dot AF dot Mil. ...
  • Re: Multi-Select Return - List Box
    ... delimited string to store in a single field, and then trying to handle it ... Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html ...
    (microsoft.public.access.formscoding)
  • Re: list box Multi Select propery
    ... > An option group won't help: it can only store one value. ... trying to store more than one value in a single field ... newsgroups, by me and by others, many times. ... Dirk Goldgar, MS Access MVP ...
    (microsoft.public.access.forms)