Re: OT:Thanksgiving

On Mon, 3 Dec 2007 11:28:33 -0600, "HeyBub" <heybub@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Robert wrote:

Explain why the murder rate in non-penalty states is 40% lower than
the rate in death penalty states -- 4.22 versus 5.9 per 100K
population.

http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/article.php?scid=12&did=168
http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/article.php?did=169

You may have it backwards; because the murder rate is so high, those states
are doing everything they can to discourage killing, including
disenfranchisement.

This is called circular logic. The conclusion is supposed to follow from the premise, not
the other way around.

I say smoking prevents lung cancer. When you ask me to explain why smokers get more of it,
I answer look how much more cancer there would be if they didn't smoke. That proves I was
right.

  • Re: OT:Thanksgiving
    ... Robert wrote: ... Explain why the murder rate in non-penalty states is 40% lower than ... You may have it backwards; because the murder rate is so high, ...
    (comp.lang.cobol)
  • Re: OT:Thanksgiving
    ... Explain why the murder rate in non-penalty states is 40% lower than ... because the murder rate is so high, ... Laws were passed to disenfranchise ... felons for the same reason felons are incarcerated: ...
    (comp.lang.cobol)