Re: OT:Thanksgiving

In article <13lc2d7dmtd0m53@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "HeyBub" <heybub@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Doug Miller wrote:
Besides drugs, another illustration of the point is homosexual contact, in
private, between consenting adults. As a heterosexual, politically
conservative, practicing Roman Catholic, I find such behavior abhorrent. But
as a firm believer in limited government, I also find abhorrent any effort to
make it a criminal act: it produces no demonstrable harm to anyone
except (perhaps) the individuals directly involved; moreover, law enforcement cannot
procure evidence of the "crime" without committing a clear violation of their
privacy rights. Criminalizing *any* sexual behavior carried out in private
between any number of consenting adults is both crazy and wrong, for the same
reason that criminalizing the simple possession or private consumption of
drugs is also both crazy and wrong: the people involved are harming no one
except themselves. Since we as society are neither harmed nor endangered by
that behavior, we need no "protection" from it, and cannot justify any
sanctions taken against those who engage in it.

Good point. Let's decriminalize homosexuality and leave the sanctions, if
any, up to the church.

As long as the Church doesn't attempt to impose *secular* penalties, that's
fine with me.

Wait. Didn't that sort of thing formerly fall under the purview of
ecclestical authorities?

See above.

--
Regards,