Re: OT:Thanksgiving

On 7 Dec, 02:43, "tlmfru" <la...@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Alistair <alist...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

news:732d5fb5-61f8-43f9-b407-b98049d9a954@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

On 2 Dec, 22:59, "HeyBub" <hey...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
tlmfru wrote:
I interpreted your post as casting doubt upon global warming
happening at all.

And while it certainly can happen without our help, you're just being
stubborn if you contend that - two centuries of spilling heat, carbon
dioxide, pollutants of all sorts, chemicals such as nitrogen and
phosphorus which cause natural growths to run away, into the
environment - have had nothing to do with it.

Yes, but natural growths soak up the CO2, giving off Oxygen. It averages
out.

Natural growths, as you put it, lead to eutrophication and algal
blooms. Neither is any good for the environment.

Seems to me - feel free to correct me - that while photosynthesis does use
CO2, plants do in fact use oxygen part from that. The obvious experiment
would be to try to raise plants in a pure CO2 atmosphere.- Hide quoted text -

Plants do produce more oxygen than they consume (and they produce
methane as well) but eutrophication chokes rivers; algal blooms are
frequently toxic (all algae produce chemicals which leech into the
environment).

  • Re: How Smart Are Plants?
    ... But plants are in fact complex organisms that can interact with their ... environment, sense smells and sounds, communicate with each other and ... Plants definitely have several different forms of memory, ... produce some of the same chemicals that play an important role in the ...
    (talk.origins)
  • Europe to curtail common chemicals that cause most cancers, European Public Health Alliance (EPHA) E
    ... Europe to curtail common chemicals that cause most cancers, ... Health Alliance Environment Network, ... IARC, the International Agency for Cancer Research, now considers data ...
    (sci.med.nutrition)
  • elibrary 5th
    ... Drought Management and Its Impact on Public Water Systems: ... Regulating Chemical Accumulation in the Environment: ... Climate Change Policy after Kyoto: ... Acute Exposure Guideline Levels for Selected Airborne Chemicals: ...
    (sci.med.cardiology)
  • elibrary 5th
    ... Drought Management and Its Impact on Public Water Systems: ... Regulating Chemical Accumulation in the Environment: ... Climate Change Policy after Kyoto: ... Acute Exposure Guideline Levels for Selected Airborne Chemicals: ...
    (sci.med.cardiology)
  • Re: OT - PDBEs
    ... Toxic chemicals used as flame retardants are rapidly building up in the bodies of people and wildlife around the world, approaching levels in American women and their babies that could harm developing brains, new research shows. ... Scientists who specialize in toxic contaminates say they haven't seen a chemical build up in human bodies and the environment as quickly as that of PBDE's in almost half a century. ...
    (alt.sports.basketball.nba.la-lakers)