Re: working storage values

On Fri, 14 Dec 2007 00:11:28 +0000 (UTC), docdwarf@xxxxxxxxx () wrote:

In article <6969359c-00e5-4485-9e94-2e0e0acb1ee1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
Richard <riplin@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Seeing an example like that, no wonder Cobol is dying.

Some see examples like that every working day on systems that are still
hugely profitable to the companies that run them... a curious sort of
death, aye.

Mainframe systems are hugely EXPENSIVE to the companies that run them. They are hugely
profitable to IBM.

  • Re: My Migrations
    ... Thanks to Richard for his comprehensive post answering PD's points. ... Abuses of power by monopolies are too common to ... there were so many orders that IBM ... We know the Waterfall simply doesn't work. ...
    (comp.lang.cobol)
  • Re: My Migrations
    ... Thanks to Richard for his comprehensive post answering PD's points. ... Abuses of power by monopolies are too common to ... there were so many orders that IBM ... But browsers were already in control of that market. ...
    (comp.lang.cobol)
  • Re: My Migrations
    ... Richard - I'm talking about the days before PC's when IBM was nailed. ... they had a product IBM would do a me-too announcement just to get the ... customers to wait to see rather than buy the one that was available. ...
    (comp.lang.cobol)
  • Re: "Torn between two OS" - Solaris vs Linux
    ... On Wed, 15 Dec 2004, Richard L. Hamilton wrote: ... Think how far further computers would be if IBM had ...
    (linux.redhat)
  • Re: "Torn between two OS" - Solaris vs Linux
    ... On Wed, 15 Dec 2004, Richard L. Hamilton wrote: ... Think how far further computers would be if IBM had ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)