Re: diff between cobol1 & cobol3
- From: Alistair <alistair@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 13:43:08 -0800 (PST)
On 12 Dec, 01:12, Robert <n...@xxxxxx> wrote:
On Sat, 8 Dec 2007 07:14:23 -0800 (PST), Alistair <alist...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Be advised that Cobol for MVS does stupid things like changing the
date formats (which might be over-ridable with compiler directives but
wasn't where I worked for the year 2000 project).
Except intrinsic functions and ACCEPT .. FROM DATE, Cobol did not have a date format until
IBM introduced the DATE FORMAT clause in the late '90s. IBM did not change intrinsic
functions nor ACCEPT except to add an 02-style YYYYMMDD option.
What are you referring to?
I have the feeling that my second reply to this post was meant to be
to WMK. Sorry folks, for any confusion.
- Prev by Date: Re: diff between cobol1 & cobol3
- Next by Date: Re: diff between cobol1 & cobol3
- Previous by thread: Re: diff between cobol1 & cobol3
- Next by thread: OT: one of my other "passions"