Re: working storage values

"LX-i" <lxi0007@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Alistair wrote:
On 14 Dec, 05:54, Richard <rip...@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Dec 14, 1:11 pm, docdw...@xxxxxxxxx () wrote:

Of course search is available in every text editor. Grep however will
search all files specified (for example where the search is for a file
field usage) without having to bother with using an editor to open
each file. Of course the result of a grep can be piped into the
editor so that the files can be accessed directly by tapping on the
provided file names.

Regrettably, GREP is not available to non-Unix systems.

Do some googling - you may be surprised. :) I believe there are at least two different ways to get grep for Windows.

I've been using GREP for years, starting on DOS.
Judson McClendon judmc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx (remove zero)
Sun Valley Systems