Re: cobol: it's everywhere... but going...Google Maps!

In article <7mguqkF3hpt3cU1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
Pete Dashwood <dashwood@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

[snip]

The problem often arises when web developers use "encapsulated" or
"pre-fabricated" registration components, without REALLY looking at what the
code does or requires, and are then at the mercy of what that code requires.

I once heard somone go on at Great Length about how the use of objects and
components obviated the need to be familiar with the underlying source
code.

For this reason I write all site registrations from scratch, and have
complete control over how it works. If I find it unwieldy, I simply change
it.

I once heard someone go on at Great Length about how the use of objects
and components obviated the need to change (maintain) source code.

After having done a number of these over the years, I now have it down
to a fine art.

I once heard someone say, rather compactly, that 'the shoemaker's children
go barefoot'.

DD

.