Re: Not (intended to be) a "Commercial"

On Wed, 22 Sep 2010 00:30:23 +1200, "Pete Dashwood"
<dashwood@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I had the excuse to buy a sporty car when my eldest was 15 - because I
wanted her to learn to use a stick. My wife finds sticks to be too
much work. She missed out on the fun.

For a control freak (like most computer programmers :-)) there is nothing
like a stick shift... :-)

I wonder which I would prefer if I lived and worked in the hills of
San Francisco. I suppose it's like any tool - environment matters.

- James Madison

  • Re: Dad feeling guilty
    ... three nights a week and my wife works three nights a week at the ... having to spend any prolonged time alone with my daughter. ... It isn't always fun and it isn't always glamorous. ... Change would have come to mind. ...
    (misc.kids)
  • Re: Rah! Rah! Bah.
    ... Unfortunately, even the most delightful environments usually tend to decline in their fun and exuberance quotients--unless you're trapped on the "It's A Small World After All" ride in Disneyworld, in which case, relentless cheerfulness and good clean fun is the order of the day. ... screaming-- or your head explodes. ... My desire to bestow on the sweaty, anxious newbies the near-godly quitter's wisdom I've attained at such tremendously painful, personal cost isn't really overwhelming. ... AS3 is mostly a social outlet these days--and there's not even a lot of that to be had, as most of the folks I really liked don't come around much. ...
    (alt.support.stop-smoking)
  • Re: Raising boys that feminists will hate: Part Five
    ... WISDOM, Jehovah performed HIS WORK! ... I grew up on a farm, or least for a good part of my childhood. ... Farming, when there is a wife and and husband, is ... outside job, she will usually take care of the home, take care of ...
    (soc.men)
  • Re: Rah! Rah! Bah.
    ... > that used to grace this place with their wit, wisdom, hugs, prezzies & ... in Disneyworld, in which case, relentless cheerfulness and good clean fun is ... My need for support isn't ...
    (alt.support.stop-smoking)
  • Re: Non-felt wading boots review
    ... Wrestling with a pig like you only gets me dirty. ... In your case it is no longer fun but tiresome. ... flinging shit, expect shit to get thrown back at you. ... You can call my wife anything you please. ...
    (rec.outdoors.fishing.fly)