Re: Not (intended to be) a "Commercial"

On Mon, 20 Sep 2010 08:50:55 -0600, Howard Brazee <howard@xxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

On Sun, 19 Sep 2010 12:54:23 +1200, "Pete Dashwood"
<dashwood@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Not at all. I've driven stick shift all my life and don't like having to use
automatic when in the USA.

I infer that it's hard to find stick shift cars at U.S. rental
agencies. Are stick shift cars the standard at rental agencies
elsewhere? Or just more common?

I had the excuse to buy a sporty car when my eldest was 15 - because I
wanted her to learn to use a stick. My wife finds sticks to be too
much work. She missed out on the fun.

I drive a stick shift but it is in a sports car that I bought new in
1988. You mostly have to special request it in the USA these days if
you want a car with a stick shift.

Regards,
--

////
(o o)

"When you come to a fork in the road, take it."
-- Yogi Berra
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Remove nospam to email me.

Steve

  • Re: Remote start for standard transmission?
    ... >> I bypassed the neutral interlock on both my stick shift cars. ... When I turn the key to crank, ... metal and shaped like a car! ...
    (rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata)
  • Re: big changes for the kitties and me - LONG
    ... Perhaps when you get a car it would be a good idea to get one with automatic ... transmission, one less thing to think about when you're driving. ... always had stick shift cars, except for one little beater that I owned ... end Volvo for a song, simply because it was the only stick shift on the ...
    (rec.pets.cats.anecdotes)
  • Re: Not (intended to be) a "Commercial"
    ... I infer that it's hard to find stick shift cars at U.S. rental ... Are stick shift cars the standard at rental agencies ... an Angelino friend and I decided to drive to Las Vegas in ...
    (comp.lang.cobol)
  • Re: Not (intended to be) a "Commercial"
    ... I infer that it's hard to find stick shift cars at U.S. rental ... Are stick shift cars the standard at rental agencies ...
    (comp.lang.cobol)
  • Re: car rental without credit card?
    ... A friend tried to do this and was told NO amount would be ... He offered a thousand - still got no car. ... He's one of those die-hards who insists on paying cash for ... Some agencies will allow debit card rentals, provided their are sufficient funds in the account, which they put a hold on. ...
    (rec.travel.usa-canada)