Re: Not (intended to be) a "Commercial"

On Mon, 20 Sep 2010 08:50:55 -0600, Howard Brazee <howard@xxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

On Sun, 19 Sep 2010 12:54:23 +1200, "Pete Dashwood"
<dashwood@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Not at all. I've driven stick shift all my life and don't like having to use
automatic when in the USA.

I infer that it's hard to find stick shift cars at U.S. rental
agencies. Are stick shift cars the standard at rental agencies
elsewhere? Or just more common?

I had the excuse to buy a sporty car when my eldest was 15 - because I
wanted her to learn to use a stick. My wife finds sticks to be too
much work. She missed out on the fun.

I drive a stick shift but it is in a sports car that I bought new in
1988. You mostly have to special request it in the USA these days if
you want a car with a stick shift.

Regards,
--

////
(o o)

"When you come to a fork in the road, take it."
-- Yogi Berra

Remove nospam to email me.

Steve
.