We're saved! Microsoft has saved us!

"[REDMOND, Wash.] Microsoft has been granted a patent for its "avoid ghetto"
feature for GPS devices. A GPS device is used to find shortcuts and avoid
traffic, but Microsoft's patent states that a route can be plotted for
pedestrians to avoid an "unsafe neighborhood..."

http://seattle.cbslocal.com/2012/01/06/microsoft-patents-avoid-ghetto-feature-for-gps-devices/

No more accidentally driving thru the 'hood. Conversely, this new app can
probably direct liberals to the best places to buy smack.

  • Re: [OT] - Overhead warning signs on motorways
    ... villages that Sat Nav systems are sending hordes of jam-dodgers through ... it to avoid a road you are already on. ... You tell it how long you think the roadblock is by pressing ... *that much* of your current route, ...
    (uk.comp.sys.mac)
  • Re: 20mph limits coming
    ... expected, then we'd find in order to avoid an accident, one would barely ... I don't drive at speed close to pedestrians, ... this just strips responsibility from the pedestrian to be safe ... driver, the lorry driver, the emergency vehicle driver all because they ...
    (uk.rec.cycling)
  • Re: driving from nj to williamsburg va
    ... Steve wrote: ... the I-95-I-64 route that includes DC. ... If you care this much, ... Avoid 95 and 64 altogether... ...
    (misc.transport.road)
  • Re: Big Bend
    ... Willie Lewis wrote: ... (and places to avoid!), etc. ... best route from the Houston area. ... stayed at the motel / campground in Study Butte and it was fine. ...
    (rec.outdoors.rv-travel)
  • Re: BA to offer more connections to Africa
    ... a route to Cuba that avoids the U.S. will become more ... do NOT have to comply with U.S. laws. ... Avoid a U.S. connecting city, ...
    (rec.travel.air)