Distributing simple application with Express 2 for Delphi 4

From: Micheal (nothere_at_nothere.net)
Date: 03/16/05

    Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 23:34:05 GMT

    I've got Delphi 4 with Express 2 for Delphi 4 and I want to turn a program
    into something I can distribute. It uses a Paradox 4 database. I run through
    the check boxes in Express 2 and end up with the distribution disks.

    If I install the result on my computer then things work. However if I
    uninstall Delphi 4 then the thing comes up with an error initialising the
    BDE administrator. I assume that part got thrown out when I uninstalled
    Delphi 4.

    How can I get Express 2 to include the missing parts in the distribution or
    doesn't it work that way?

    Thanks

    Micheal

    • delphi 2005 pro,l uninstall: error 1316
      ... I have installed Delphi 2006 Professional. ... so I decide to uninstall Delphi 2005 Professional. ... After ten minutes and a countdown to 0 seconds I get: ...
      (borland.public.delphi.non-technical)
    • Importing Delphi .dll into Paradox 7 issues
      ... I have a very interesting situation involving importing a Delphi ... .dll that I wrote into Paradox 7. ...
      (borland.public.delphi.language.objectpascal)
    • Re: which type of database should i use?
      ... gets along well with delphi? ... suggest that you simply use the BDE and either Paradox or Access db. ... system crashes (and just try to find the lock files on an XP ...
      (comp.lang.pascal.delphi.databases)
    • Re: New features for Delphi
      ... The reason I see Paradox so valuable in tandem with Delphi is NOT for its database particular qualities. ... the object model, the RTL, is well architected, feature complete and simple to understand ...
      (borland.public.delphi.non-technical)
    • Re: Embarcadero Technologies to buy Borlands development products unit!
      ... After Paradox a lot of us expanded our skills to include Delphi. ... Uh, Borland spun off its developer tools division as CodeGear for the expressly stated purpose of selling it off, because Borland wanted to focus on lifecycle management tools, not developer/RAD tools. ...
      (comp.databases.paradox)