Re: How to implement two's complement on a two's complement cpu ?

Skybuck Flying wrote:

You are an idiot. You can't negate (-MaxInt-1) and expect a valid
signed 32 bit value. That has nothing to do with Delphi.

Lol,

Finally you admit it can't be done.

I was right. You are a dumbass who never learned to read.

I never said it could be done. I said it should give you an overflow
error, which didn't happen because of a bug in D2007. In versions
before 2007, you will get an overflow error.
--
Rudy Velthuis http://rvelthuis.de

"University politics are vicious precisely because the stakes
are so small." -- Henry Kissinger (1923-)

  • Re: (geen onderwerp)
    ... Skybuck Flying wrote: ... Is Delphi really that naive to simple calculations of larger integers? ... It's very irritating and annoying that delphi can't do large constant arithmetic. ... what simply happened is the person did not have overflow error checking enabled so an error was not flagged. ...
    (alt.comp.lang.borland-delphi)
  • Re: How to implement twos complement on a twos complement cpu ?
    ... That has nothing to do with Delphi. ... Finally you admit it can't be done. ... You are a dumbass who never learned to read. ... you will get an overflow error. ...
    (alt.comp.lang.borland-delphi)
  • Re: Interesting bug: A := -A; // When A is -2147483648 it remains -2147483648
    ... Skybuck Flying wrote: ... But an overflow error. ... "The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible ... -- James Branch Cabell ...
    (alt.comp.lang.borland-delphi)
  • Stack Overload causes loss of code
    ... Spent most of today working on a project in Delphi 7 and a upon running the ... When running the exe it shows a Stack ... Overflow error. ...
    (comp.lang.pascal.delphi.misc)