Re: Where are protected members list?

On Jun 21, 10:04 am, "alangll...@xxxxxxx" <alangll...@xxxxxxx> wrote:
You would usually find that in the Help file. But from Rudy's comment
that appears to not be supplied. One should be able to find the
declaration in the source code (if one has a Delphi version which
provides the source).

But the Windows Search facility to find object declarations might not
be implemented. Certainly with Delphi 3 & Windows XP it was not
implemented for me. I had to make an entry in the Registry to enable
Windows searches of .pas & .dpr files as text files (otherwise Windows
would not know how to search those files). Later Delphi install
procedure may do this in the installation code.

DON'T DO THIS UNLESS YOU REALLY KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING

Telling Windows that file may be searched as text files involves
running a .reg file with the following entries ...

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.dpr\PersistentHandler]
@="{5e941d80-bf96-11cd-b579-08002b30bfeb}"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.pas\PersistentHandler]
@="{5e941d80-bf96-11cd-b579-08002b30bfeb}"

DON'T DO THE ABOVE UNLESS YOU REALLY KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING

Alan Lloyd

Thanks for your suggestion. My Delphi has source code and I can find
the declaration for TCustom... classes, but my main question is that
how can a component writer inherit his new classes while he doesn't
know the functionality of the ancestor class's protected methods?
Maybe there is another way I'm not aware of it???

  • How windows reports printer errors
    ... We have an inherited product that we support that was written in Delphi 6. ... Though we have the source code, it hasn't been touched it in about 4 or 5 ... The Delphi code has been compiled as a windows service. ... converts XML files to PDF's, sends the PDFs to the appropriate printer and ...
    (alt.comp.lang.borland-delphi)
  • Re: Where are protected members list?
    ... declaration in the source code (if one has a Delphi version which ... But the Windows Search facility to find object declarations might not ... Certainly with Delphi 3 & Windows XP it was not ... Later Delphi install ...
    (alt.comp.lang.borland-delphi)
  • Re: Run "Net Start..." in Delphi
    ... prompt in Delphi in Windows XP. ... example source code. ...
  • Re: Run "Net Start..." in Delphi
    ... prompt in Delphi in Windows XP. ... example source code. ...
  • Re: Parallel Port Driver
    ... Yes Gary, you are right, what I need is a driver to use with Delphi and VB. ... Please send me your driver with the source code and if it posible some ... Windows 2003 Server and maybe Windows Vista. ...