Re: Instal under Vista

Erik wrote:
I find all my instal code broken now that vista is so protective it just stops non-msi instals.

No it doesn't. You can run all kinds of installers.

I don't need the humungous overhead of msi.

If Windows Vista doesn't allow non-MSI installers, then you clearly need MSI, no matter what its overhead.

Good thing for you, then, that non-MSI installers are allowed. Inno Setup is one, for example. (You're not actually writing your own installer from scratch, are you? That would be foolish. There are lots of things to get wrong when writing an installer. Find someone else who's already solved those problems rather than trying to reinvent everything yourself.)

--
Rob
.