OnDataChange Question

From: Debbie Erickson (debianne_at_earthlink.net)
Date: 01/30/04

Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 16:22:23 -0800

Hello. I have a data-aware checkbox on a form. When the application gets a
new record, or when the user clicks on the checkbox, I want to toggle a
tabsheet from visible/invisible. So basically what I want to do is this:
    if MyScreenField.checked then
         MyTabSheet.TabVisible:= False
    else
          MyTabSheet.TabVisible:= True;

I put this code in the OnDataChange event but it does not work if I use the
mouse to toggle the checkbox. As I traced the program logic, it seems that
the event is fired before the form thinks it is checked. So I tried to
check the underlying dataset by using this in the ondatachange:
     if datasource1.dataset.fieldbyname('MyField').Value = 'Y' but it STILL
does not work in every case.

I'm just not checking the right conditions at the proper time. Will someone
please tell me the proper way to do this?

Thanks!
Debbie Erickson

Relevant Pages

  • Re: How to determine what caused OnClick event for checbox
    ... to make lots of state changes by loading configuration with the GUI ... are consistent with internal program state as evidenced by various ... So even if loading configuration doesn't toggle the checkbox, ...
    (alt.comp.lang.borland-delphi)
  • Re: Listviews, checkboxes and ItemActivate.OneClick
    ... The only exlanation I offer is that when activation type set to TwoClicks, the single click is interpreted as checkbox toggle. ... Can anyone give me any kind of logical explanation, no matter how twisted, why OneClick causes the checkbox to behave the way I want? ...
  • Re: Treview Checkbox Question
    ... must click on the node itself to toggle the "fake" checkboxes. ... On the mouse up event (of the treeview) I traverse the tree and set ... off the checkbox, then mouse up I can't tell what node was checked. ...
    (microsoft.public.vb.controls)
  • Re: getOpenFile etc. wish-list
    ... written by Martin Forssén) does it. ... There is a checkbox in the upper ... right of the dialog which can be used to toggle the state of hidden ...
    (comp.lang.tcl)
  • Re: Lock Record
    ... 'Make this a toggle, we can't use the checkbox to click on because that ... 'edit, ... This will set AllowEdits to the opposite of the value of the chkLocked ...
    (microsoft.public.access.forms)