Access help using ADO and classes

From: Tim Lightfoot (tim.lightfoot_at_sotamail.com)
Date: 02/12/04

    Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 12:09:27 -0000

    I have developed an application that uses an Access database.

    When I edit for example a customer it loads a record from the database into
    a TCustomer class. The user can then modify fields as required and when they
    save the record the save method of my TCustomer class will be class which
    puts the table into edit mode, writes the fields and posts changes.

    This application will be used by 2 or three users and the application does
    not seem to support record locking i.e. if two users edit the same record
    the firsts users edits will be saved then the seconds will overwrite.

    I would have thought the database might detect a record had been modified
    when the second user tries to save changes.

    Any suggestions please - thanks very much.

    Tim

    • Re: One more (maybe stupid) database question
      ... AlwaysShowEditor just automatically enables Edit when a record is selected, ... This makes sense for a database with a single file, ... database that you can run queries against. ... of TechIDs, for instance, but I write updates directly to the tables. ...
      (comp.lang.pascal.delphi.misc)
    • Re: Can a lone computer have Access db problems?
      ... His current problem was that he was not able to edit the data ... nor was his permissions changed). ... certain computers to misbehave). ... When you say he is "authorized", that sounds as if the database is ...
      (comp.databases.ms-access)
    • Re: Many Instances
      ... Data in the database is from importing many excel files. ... It can be tough to make sure that 2 people aren't editing the same record. ... someone attempts to edit a record ... ... power button, or loses network connectivity, etc) since this will leave the flag field set to True even if no one is ...
      (microsoft.public.access.modulesdaovba)
    • Re: does textpattern have a forum for discussing issues?
      ... I moved the files and the database but I'm still ... getting an error message: ... I rebuilt a site that once ran on Textpattern. ... To find a page (in order to edit it) they had to negotiate a series ...
      (comp.lang.php)
    • Re: Putting database on a network drive
      ... I have built my 1st database and it is ready to go on a shared network ... You can apply user level security to an mdb file. ... the database but only let myself edit the database. ... search through the form that opens but then have a password for me or ...
      (comp.databases.ms-access)