Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 22:37:16 -0500
I'm currently working on a front end (Delphi 6, SP2) for an Access
2000 database (not my choice of databases but that's what the client
wants) I'm using ADOConnection, ADOTable, ADOQuery components and then
the standard datasource and various data aware controls. The front end
really works fine and the customer likes it a lot but I'm having a
problem getting a Find function working and from various messages I see
in the forum here I gather that there's a bug of some type in the
adotable.locate function. There are several references to the
BetterAdoDataSet component as a solution to this problem but I'm not
using the AdoDataset component so I'm not sure how I could use it to
solve the problem? Are there any other alternatives for work arounds for
the locate bug?
- Chris LeFebvre
- Re: crashes when copied...
... Might be this bug: ... You might try importing everything into another database. ... 304548 ACC2000: Error Message: Error Accessing File. ... Open Form/Report in design view and select menu option View> Code ...
- Re: From CB8 to CB9
... Its not the money that matters, playing tournaments, you know the best tools ... > NEVER experienced a corrupted database so far in SCID. ... > experience any grave bug and never lost any data... ...
- Re: Problem with email attachment, 1 becomes 10
... My CV should be attached as a pdf-file. ... One piece of advice which has been useful to me which I learnt from the posting guidelines for this group is, before posting, to always try to reduce the problem to the minimum possible, let's say ten or twenty lines of code: ... In the case of your program there are two big chunks: first, lots of stuff involving reading lines from the database, which is where I suspect the problem has occurred, probably some kind of slip-up, but I can't prove this because I don't have the database available, and then there is an almost separate piece of code which involves sending a mail with an attachment, which might be where the bug happened, although I think it's unlikely. ... I have repeatedly had problems in Perl which I thought were incredibly difficult, ended up frustrated enough to want to post them here, and in the business of reducing them into a short newsgroup post as described, I ended up surprising myself by working out what the bug was without having to post it. ...
- Announce: Release 0.70 of BDB-BASIC is now available
... Database functionality has been tested and bug fixed. ... The variable length string content is now preceded by a 1 ... BUG FIX HIGHLIGHTS: ...
- Re: Error when binding value to prepared statement with SQL Server 2005
... I have reproduced the problem and filed a bug. ... |> latestjdbc driver. ... |>>>2005 database. ...