WHERE constants for DateTime

From: Piedro Mazolo (pmazolo_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 06/18/04

Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2004 00:50:35 +0200

I am working with an Access Database (using SQL from Delphi).

I send something like

SELECT *

FROM xxxx

WHERE THEDATE >= #01/12/2004#

and this works, and also seems to be an SQL standard for date constants that
is not depending on country etc like other date things.

However, THEDATE also contains time (specified as General Date in Access),
and I was hoping to use something like

WHERE THEDATE >= #01/12/2004 23:05:00#

in Delphi, but no format for the time I have tried here works. Any
suggestions what to do to filter on time info too?

Rgds

Piedro Mazolo

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Operator in SQL like "Like"
    ... I have an Access database with a table called "product". ... The SQL that Access gives me for the query I am trying ... All of the operators used in Microsoft Jet SQL ... So it may be that the Like operator for Access SQL cannot be used in Delphi. ...
    (microsoft.public.access.modulesdaovba)
  • Re: VB or?
    ... I know you can use an Access database with it, but it's not the standard, instead using compact SQL for the desktop, or the free version of SQL would be the more "in the box" approaches. ... If you haven't been programming for 12 years, then I'd suggest try the .NET version and see how you go. ... You can buy a .NET standard version and downgrade I believe, but not sure on that status now as officially VB6 is no longer a supported product. ...
  • Re: TADODataset VERY Slow With MS SQL
    ... We've built applications in Delphi ... > application to Delphi 7 with MS SQL using TADODataset, ... > file and 2 details files containing payment status) as separate record sets ...
    (borland.public.delphi.database.ado)
  • Re: Codegear sold
    ... It dicovered and properly recognized MS SQL and IBM DB servers at my ... It is not a delphi app. ... Empty app takes about 50Mb. ... It asociates sql and eqb extensions. ...
    (borland.public.delphi.non-technical)
  • Re: Anyone tell me whats wrong with this SQL statement?
    ... That sounds like an SQL error telling you that you are not accounting ... am also working on a Photo Album which uses an Access ... > PS - just to cover every area, the data types in Access database are as ...