How can I handle the exception when the connection fail??

From: Bahamut (abc_at_def.com)
Date: 06/18/04

Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2004 13:09:16 +0800

Hi, All

  I'm using Delphi6 with MSSQLServer2000 on Win2K.
  I have a program that connect to SQLServer. The program get an exception
when the connection fail suddenly(server down, etc).
  How can I handle the exception and take some action when the connection
fail??

-------------
Bahamut
(Sorry about my poor English ^^)

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Problem connecting to SqlServer 2005
    ... how can I get more information when it throws an exception like ... Problem connecting to SqlServer 2005 ... Error: net.windward.datasource.DataSourceException: JdbcDataSource ... Windward Reports -- http://www.WindwardReports.com ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.jdbcdriver)
  • sqlmangr.exe generated errors
    ... I looked in the log file and the error displayed ... 11:04:52.941 Exception number: c0000005 ' ... The sqlagent and sqlserver are running successfully in services but the ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.setup)
  • Re: Insert data into table from text file using sqlceresultset
    ... I am trying to import from a csv file into a sqlserver ce table. ... I am using parameters to improve performance of insert into query. ... A first chance exception of type ... I converted my pocket pc code to desktop code and it worked there. ...