What causes 'String or binary data would be truncated" error?

From: Bill N (billnielsen_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 06/23/04

Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 10:19:13 -0400

Anyone seen this error before? Do you know what causes it?

******ADO Errors*******

*Error Number: -2147217833 *

*Source: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server

*Native Error: 8152

***********************

Thanks,

Bill N

Relevant Pages

  • Re: bytes to string conversion
    ... I can connect sql server and retrive the data intoi the DataSet. ... mPASSWQORD field uses binary data type. ... I have to convert this binary data into the string so I can compare it. ...
  • Re: Simple Bulk Insert Problem
    ... Columnist, SQL Server Professional ... How do I simply copy/insert the complete string. ... Bulk Insert: Unexpected end-of-file encountered in data file. ... OLE DB provider 'STREAM' reported an error. ...
  • Re: string or binary data would be truncated
    ... Vyas, MVP (SQL Server) ... "string or binary data would be truncated" <string or binary data would be ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.server)
  • Re: Starting from the beginning
    ... Then, it usses an English-language string in the source code, which is ... possible reasons into the useless and incomprehensible "Unable to open CIP file", ... // more processing will be done here like getting the binary data ... /CIP3PreviewImageHeight 726 def ...
    (microsoft.public.vc.mfc)
  • Re: Disabling ASP.net 2.0 Membership
    ... I checked out the article you referenced and implemented my own provider. ... as a FoxPro database, an Oracle database, or other data sources. ... custom connection string so that I can use the Commerce Server SQL Server ...