Re: Cannot attach to Services Manager

From: Viatcheslav V. Vassiliev (support_at_oledbdirect.com)
Date: 09/25/04

    Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2004 11:52:39 +0400

    TIBBackupService is T(InterBase)BackupService - it will not work with MS
    Access databases, as well it will not work with MS SQL Server, Oracle and
    other DBMS, only with Interbase (may be with Firebird too).

    To compact Access database import "Microsoft Jet and Replication Objects 2.6
    Library" and execute:

    //----------------------------------------------
    uses JRO_TLB;

    {$R *.dfm}

    var
     engine: IJetEngine;
     src, dst: WideString;
    begin

     //src is connection string to existing database with old password
     src := 'Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=' + oldFileName;
     //dst is connection string to compacted db with new password
     dst := 'Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=' + newFileName;

     engine := CoJetEngine.Create();
     engine.CompactDatabase(src, dst);
    end;
    Regards,
    Vassiliev V. V.
    http://www.managed-vcl.com - using .Net objects in Delphi for Win32 +
    ADO.Net
    http://www.oledbdirect.com - The fastest way to access MS SQL Server,
    MS Jet (Access) and Interbase (through OLEDB)

    "Wayne & Carr" <no@spam.com> сообщил/сообщила в новостях следующее:
    > Hello All; [ Delphi 6.02 Pro | Win2K Pro ]
    >
    > I am using the [ TIBBackupService ];
    > And am trying to connect and backup a " Access Database "
    > Using the following code from the Delphi-Help.
    > ( The code it self may be the problem ? As it was showing a different
    > database extension )
    >
    > =================
    > procedure TCFF_Admin.Save1Click(Sender: TObject);
    > begin
    > with IBBackupService1 do
    > begin
    > ServerName := 'Poulet';
    > LoginPrompt := False;
    > //Params.Add('user_name=sysdba');
    > //Params.Add('password=masterkey');
    > Active := True;
    > try
    > Verbose := True;
    > Options := [NonTransportable, IgnoreLimbo];
    > DatabaseName :=
    > '\\Carrz-server\G\Inetpub\wwwroot\Carrz\KB\data\FireKB.mdb';
    > BackupFile.Add('M:\InetPub\wwwroot\Carrz\KB\data\FireKB.mdb');
    >
    > ServiceStart;
    > While not Eof do
    > Memo1.Lines.Add(GetNextLine);
    > finally
    > Active := False;
    > end;
    > end;
    >
    > end;
    > =================
    > I recevie the following error when I try to "Save":
    >
    > ---------------------------
    > Debugger Exception Notification
    > ---------------------------
    > Project CFF_KB_Admin.exe raised exception class EIBInterBaseError with
    > message 'Cannot attach to services manager'. Process stopped. Use Step or
    > Run to continue.
    > ---------------------------
    > OK Help
    > ---------------------------
    >
    > Could someone please let me know what to look for to resolve this?
    > Or if it is the code, could someone please provide the proper code? Or a
    > link ?
    >
    > Thank You All
    > Wayne

    • Re: Item Cannot be Found in Collection
      ... The "SET NOCOUNT ON" suggestion is not relevant for Access databases. ... setting that can only be performed in SQL Server. ... > I tried Set NOCOUNT = ON and I got a syntax error. ...
      (microsoft.public.scripting.vbscript)
    • Re: Ms Access upload to SQL Server 2005 BE & Sharepoint FE
      ... This means that we will store all data tables on SQL Server and develop all ... Pull all db's over to SQL then store the Ms Access databases on Sharepoint ... where the user face remains the same and the tables are on the server and the ...
      (comp.databases.ms-sqlserver)
    • a bit of advise please
      ... I have developed several ACCESS databases that we use internally and ASP ... 3/ For a small site does SQL Server offer anything more than SQL Server ... My feeling is that Web Developer with Access should be enough for my needs ...
    • Re: Too many client tasks - help please
      ... 3rd thing to do if not have a zillion different sites accessing a zillion ... different access databases because no amount of conenction string tweaking ... 6th thing to do is realize you are not using IIS6 on windows 2000 Server ... > Is the only way to move to SQL Server ?? ...
      (microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.db)
    • Re: a bit of advise please
      ... Phil ... I only ever use Sql Server but i ... > if you dont have some basic knowledge). ... >> I have developed several ACCESS databases that we use internally and ASP ...