Re: MS Access table and field properties

Thanks Alfred,

But how about the comments I put in MS Access for each field? Is there a way
to retrieve it?

"Alfred ten Hoeve" <Alfred@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> "TMA" <tmasoftwares@xxxxxxxxx> schreef in bericht
>> I'm using D7 and would like to retrieve some field properties using ADO
>> from a MS Access database. I need to know for each given table name the
>> list with field names, and in each field, it's type (number, string,
>> etc), it's maximum size and the comments i write on MS Access main
>> program.
>> Help with some source code would be appreciated.
>> Thanks in advance.
>
> Something like this:
>
> procedure TForm1.GetIt;
> var
> i : integer;
> s : string;
> l : integer;
> begin
> ADODataSet1.GetFieldNames(ListBox1.Items);
> for i := 0 to ADODataSet1.FieldCount - 1 do
> begin
> case ADODataSet1.Fields[i].DataType of
> ftUnknown : s := 'Unknown';
> ftString : s := 'String';
> ftSmallint : s := 'SmallInt';
> ftInteger : s := 'Integer';
> ftFixedChar : s := 'FixedChar';
> ftWideString : s := 'WideString';
> // etc
> end;
> ListBox2.Items.Add(s);
> l := ADODataSet1.Fields[i].Size;
> ListBox3.Items.Add(IntToStr(l));
> end;
> end;
>
> Alfred.

  • Re: Unable to retrieve the complete description string of the event log record
    ... events in the Registry, under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE (which requires elevated privileges to ... "Description" message string of the event log record. ... below but still I'm not able to retrieve the complete description. ...
    (microsoft.public.vc.mfc)
  • Re: Getting command line of another process
    ... It seems to be very complicated code just to retrieve the command line of a process. ... static public bool RetrieveUserModeProcessString(IntPtr HandleProcess, IntPtr PageBaseAddress, UInt32 UnicodeStringOffset, out string Result) ... UInt32 UnicodeStringSize = 8; ... pStringContent = Marshal.AllocCoTaskMemStringLength); ...
  • Very simple Java problem, please help
    ... delete latent messages and nicknames that linger on the server more ... I set up a few JSP scripts that will retrieve and remove these files by ... @param String fileName ... Vector contentVector = getFileContents; ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)
  • Very simple Java problem, please help
    ... delete latent messages and nicknames that linger on the server more ... I set up a few JSP scripts that will retrieve and remove these files by ... @param String fileName ... Vector contentVector = getFileContents; ...
    (comp.lang.java.help)
  • Re: Getting command line of another process
    ... It seems to be very complicated code just to retrieve the command line of a ... HandleProcess, IntPtr PageBaseAddress, UInt32 UnicodeStringOffset, out string ... pUnicodeStringAddress, pUnicodeString, UnicodeStringSize, out ... pStringContent = Marshal.AllocCoTaskMemStringLength); ...