Re: 'ADOQuery4' Command Text does not return a result set

Mark,

Although you didn't provide any code to examine, I'm assuming that you're
using the 'open' method rather than 'execsql'. 'Open' expects a result set
and 'ExecSQL' does not.

HTH,

Michael

"Mark Moss" <markmoss@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> Gentlemen / Ladies
>

> I am issuing a command to update a particular record in the
> database and it is not expected to return a result set. How do I get rid
> of
> this error message, or am I doing something wrong.
>

> Mark Moss

  • Re: Access Database with Password
    ... HTH, ... Michael ... > How can I connect to an Access Database with a password? ...
    (borland.public.delphi.database.ado)
  • Re: conflicting object names in sql server 2000
    ... A login name of michael in the connection string does not mean the user name ... access to a particular database. ... My guess is that the login michael is dbo on one database and not dbo on ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.server)
  • RE: How to set column-options in "create table" with ODBC Driver ?
    ... > Also i have the problem that the empty character string is not allowed by ... You cannot use this DDL query "as is" in Access 2000. ... "Michael" wrote: ... you'll need to change the database settings. ...
  • Re: open a passwordsaved database ??
    ... Michael B. Johnson schrieb: ... MS Access '97 database, I might create a module or place this sample inside the ... Dim db As Database ...
    (comp.lang.basic.visual.database)
  • Re: Appending a field to a table -AND- accessing a split back-end
    ... Your link "Tony Toew's article" was also helpful. ... Michael ... > Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. ... >> I am working in the front end of a split database and I want to modify the ...
    (microsoft.public.access.modulesdaovba)