Re: An unknown error has occured...
- From: Brian Bushay TeamB <BBushay@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 22:05:00 -0600
Do you have lookup fields defined? If you do you will get an error like this
when you run out of the IDE with debug set to stop on errors.
There is a Try/Fail block in the Adodb code for lookups that generates this
error. If you set the LookupCache property to true you won't get the error
Ahhhh thanks. The LookupCache thing removed the errors. Question is, does it
have any drawbacks using a lookup cache? Usually there is a "cost" associated
with things like using a cache, how does the system know when to refresh the
cache for instance?
If the lookup data is static and the table isn't large you are better off using
lookupCache = true. You probably should not be using a lookup at all of the
lookup dataset is large.
The lookupcahe is loaded when the dataset is opened and can be refreshed with a
call to RefreshLookupList
Brian Bushay (TeamB)
- Prev by Date: Re: ADO & Firebird
- Next by Date: Re: How do I get the GUID value of a Record that I just Inserted ?
- Previous by thread: Re: An unknown error has occured...
- Next by thread: Tutorial MS ACCESS WITH DELPHI ?