Cursor Location

Is there a way to save off the cursor location or record location while
switching from 1 index to another and after switching back to the first
index be able to return that that exact record.

Is there also a way to set an index without making it active? The problem
that I am having is in order to use seek I have to set the primary key index
which sets the cursor to record 1 so I lose the orginal position that the
cursor was on when the database was sorted on another index. I want to be
able to return to the original location. I am using a TAdoDataset with a
server side cursor.

Thanks

.