Re: Connecting to an Access database

Why not use the JET db engine rather than ODBC?

I have tried the simple method of putting a BdpConnection component on a
form and then using the connection editor, pointing the Database property
to my access database. No security is required. I do a test and get an
exception of type Borland.Data.Common.BDPException. So I cant build the
connection string the prefered way. If I copy the connection string from
another app that connects ok the the database, and then drop an
BdpDataAdapter on the form I will get - Assembly not set. Check the
ConnectionString. So the connectionstring neesd to be built from the
editor, fine, but I cant think why it has a problem. And the exception
message doesnt tell me much.

Paul

  • Re: [SOLVED] Cannot display provider-specific login prompt
    ... scenario where the program wouldn't have to know about the database, ... ConnectionStringBuilder up to a PropertyGrid for the end user to populate), ... details of the connection, for the sake of the program being able to connect ... information about the connection string that I will need. ...
  • Complicated Connection Problems bewteen ADP and SQL Server
    ... This database ... expertise for getting the user workstations talking to the SQL Server. ... connection would fail and the adp wouldn't be able to talk to the server. ... might be in my ADO connection string. ...
    (microsoft.public.access.adp.sqlserver)
  • Complicated Connection Problem between ADP and SQL Server
    ... This database ... expertise for getting the user workstations talking to the SQL Server. ... connection would fail and the adp wouldn't be able to talk to the server. ... might be in my ADO connection string. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.connect)
  • Re: ADO Connection Timeout
    ... so what happens when a connection failure forces one station to revert ... to a local database? ... Further, you *will* have contention issues, Jet does not support record ... to the central server, but you are willing to live with periods where it ...
    (microsoft.public.data.ado)
  • Re: Problems in loading data from an access database into an array
    ... Suppose your database has a table called which has columns called ... Dim oleCSB As New OleDbConnectionStringBuilder ... 'associate the connection string just built with the ole connection ...