Re: Connecting to an Access database

Why not use the JET db engine rather than ODBC?

I have tried the simple method of putting a BdpConnection component on a
form and then using the connection editor, pointing the Database property
to my access database. No security is required. I do a test and get an
exception of type Borland.Data.Common.BDPException. So I cant build the
connection string the prefered way. If I copy the connection string from
another app that connects ok the the database, and then drop an
BdpDataAdapter on the form I will get - Assembly not set. Check the
ConnectionString. So the connectionstring neesd to be built from the
editor, fine, but I cant think why it has a problem. And the exception
message doesnt tell me much.

Paul
.