"cannot perform this operation on a closed dataset"

Ok, this works great on my desktop, but fails for 1 user (that I know of)
"cannot perform this operation on a closed dataset"
On start of my app, when it tries to fetch data (It's a select in the
"CommandText" property),
using a TADODataSet in Delphi 7 Enterprise against an Oracle 9i database.
The user can access this database using PL/SQL Developer and other apps.

I'm kind of at a loss because it always works from for me.

Thanks
Bryan V

  • Re: OPENDBF function
    ... if that fails you get an error, ... USE <filename> IN 0 EXCLUSIVE ... Fox is not a server database, ... But again you need code in your app to catch ...
  • SqlTransaction.ZombieCheck error
    ... Server 2005 database. ... To try to track down the cause I put trace statements at every transaction ... I then ran the app again using the exact same input data and it succeeds. ... If I turn the logging off it fails again. ...
  • Re: Restoring an out-of-date Win2K DC!
    ... With an one year old image i would not even recommend to TRY the rebuild. ... If something fails during all the steps and the database goes one year ... I'm sure just demoting it will be fine to save the app. ...
  • Re: Portable Database Choice
    ... I searched this group quite a bit looking for database alternatives and did find the options below from this search. ... I'm posting this in the hope it can be of use to other developers in a position similar to mine where I needed a low cost alternative to Pocket Access. ... One app requires synchronization between desktop and mobile device, the other requires a push of data from the desktop to mobile. ...
  • Re: Portable Database Choice
    ... > database alternatives and did find the options below from this search. ... One app requires ... > push of data from the desktop to mobile. ... > Both of these apps used Pocket Access on the device with Peter Foot's ...