Re: Delphi 5 <> ADO

Paul Meyer wrote:

Hello NG,

i use ADO 2.8 in my Delphi 5 application to connect to SQL-Server
2000. All works fine, but now i've to support Oracle 9i. The
ADO-Connection (.UDL) works, but if i try to connect, my Delphi want
"TAutoInc" field, but Oracle give me only float. Delphi want Boolean,
but i Oracle give me a float. Every field Oracle gives, is a float.
Is this an error into ADO, Oracle or Delphi? Is there short way to
solve this problem or do i need to swith to other components <> ADO?

Best regards

IIRC there was an ADO update for D5 because of some bugs I can't
remember. If you haven't installed it check the Registered Downloads
page.

OTOH, have you checked if you have the latest Oracle OLE DB provider?
Note I don't mean MDAC/ADO here but your data provider.

--
Best regards :)

Guillem Vicens Meier
Dep. Informática Green Service S.A.
www.clubgreenoasis.com
--
Contribute to the Indy Docs project: http://docs.indyproject.org
--

  • Hope springs eternal...
    ... ORACLE to the ADO component ... greater value doesn't translate very well in Delphi. ... you can specify the connection information on a Command item. ...
    (borland.public.delphi.non-technical)
  • Re: Delphi bugs and "moving" to Visual Studio debate
    ... Even the origins of the name Delphi ... " The strategic decision to make database tools and connectivity a central ... Gary kept coming back to the codename "Oracle", ... connectivity to Oracle servers. ...
    (borland.public.delphi.non-technical)