MS Access encrypting

From: Borland (johan_at_olrac.com)
Date: 12/10/03

Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 10:07:22 +0200

I'm looking for a tool ( or a method) to encrypt and decrypt an Access
database in runtime. Anybody know something like this? I've looked on the
web, but there are only separate app's for this, not in code...

--
Johan van Wijk
Software Engineer

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Which is more secure RC2 or RC4 ?
    ... same database temporarily, until the order is approved manually and the ... obviously there are a LOT of security related issues that arise ... itself in order to decrypt the information, ... meaning if I encrypt the information using AES and a password driven ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Failure with DECRYPT_CHAR
    ... I have run into a strange problem. ... decrypt it using DECRYPT_CHAR, no problem at all. ... In the exact same table in the other database I do the ENCRYPT_AES, ... The data that I encrypt is the ...
    (comp.databases.informix)
  • Re: access back end needs to be secure
    ... I would want to encrypt every column of every table... ... optimization that the database does "behind the scenes". ... If yes, then, the "decrypt ...
    (microsoft.public.access.security)
  • Re: Decrypt
    ... you don't need to decrypt a password to validate it. ... > MD5 is a hashing algorighm. ... This is a one-way encrypt. ... > password to the one stored in the database. ...
  • Safest way to store an encryption key?
    ... My ASP.NET application needs to encrypt a small amount of information before ... look" into the database tables and see the confidential information. ... to decrypt the data. ... I am currently thinking to use the private key of a certificate issued to ...