MS Access encrypting

From: Borland (johan_at_olrac.com)
Date: 12/10/03

Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 10:07:22 +0200

I'm looking for a tool ( or a method) to encrypt and decrypt an Access
database in runtime. Anybody know something like this? I've looked on the
web, but there are only separate app's for this, not in code...

--
Johan van Wijk
Software Engineer

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Which is more secure RC2 or RC4 ?
    ... same database temporarily, until the order is approved manually and the ... obviously there are a LOT of security related issues that arise ... itself in order to decrypt the information, ... meaning if I encrypt the information using AES and a password driven ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Failure with DECRYPT_CHAR
    ... I have run into a strange problem. ... decrypt it using DECRYPT_CHAR, no problem at all. ... In the exact same table in the other database I do the ENCRYPT_AES, ... The data that I encrypt is the ...
    (comp.databases.informix)
  • Re: access back end needs to be secure
    ... I would want to encrypt every column of every table... ... optimization that the database does "behind the scenes". ... If yes, then, the "decrypt ...
    (microsoft.public.access.security)
  • Re: Decrypt
    ... you don't need to decrypt a password to validate it. ... > MD5 is a hashing algorighm. ... This is a one-way encrypt. ... > password to the one stored in the database. ...
  • Re: Encrypting Data...
    ... > I know that MySQL has an AES encrypt function, ... * Store the keyin the database. ... choose new keys, reencrypt all the data, distribute the new keys ... ... use his password to decrypt the keys and then decrypt ...
    (perl.dbi.users)