Re: Integrating Help Files

From: Wolfgang Zager (zager_at_gmx.de)
Date: 12/10/03

Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 12:05:14 +0100

Hi jpm,

first of all is the question, if the help-files offer needed support for
A-keywords. If they do it may help to delete the added help files in
Your Open Help file, save it, removing all gid-files in Your
Delphi-Help-Directory and then add the 3rd-party help files again.
Sometimes this procedure helped us coming around this problem.

Wolfgang

jpm schrieb:
> Does anybody else have problems integrating 3rd party help files in Delphi?
>
> We are using Delphi 7 and a variety of 3rd party components, all of which
> come with good help (.toc,.hlp) files that should integrate with Delphi
> using
> it's Open Help system.
>
> Our process:
> Help->Customize
> -added the .toc files to the contents tab
> -added the .hlp files to the index tab
>
> We can see all of the topics when we select Help->Delphi Help, but we can
> never get to these topics in the added help files using F1 key when we are
> in the code editor or looking at a selected component on a form - very
> frustrating.
>
> Does open help not integrate with the F1/context help? Is there any way to
> get it working? What am I missing? If somebody could please point me to
> solution (or verify that the context help doesn't work) I would really
> appreciate
> it. Thanks in advance.
>

> Jay Pepper-Martens
> QATech

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Silly problems with delphi 2005
    ... That specific custom project doesnt use the delphi rtl. ... Every few times i debug, ... Still feels like a big oversight, ... i intend to rip out my d7 help files this week-end and use them as ...
    (comp.lang.pascal.delphi.misc)
  • Is it just me? D2007 IDE and help problems
    ... At the Brisbane Codegear Seminar just prior to the release of ... was going to be the best Delphi release ever blah blah blah. ... actually found myself in some VB.NET help files the other day ... In the Language section Delphi is not even mentioned. ...
    (borland.public.delphi.non-technical)
  • Re: Bunch of Delphi 7 bugs/misfeatures, pls advise?
    ... I've been programming with Borland Stuff since Turbo Pascal 1.0. ... Delphi 7 seems to quite often point me to ... > sometimes it takes me to the declaration in the interface (not too helpful ... > real meaty help files are not loaded by default, ...
    (comp.lang.pascal.delphi.misc)
  • Re: Touching objects on a canvas
    ... these problems only started after I installed the Eldos ElPack. ... >> nearby had paths to other delphi files. ... are there help files in that place? ... > And, if all else fail, back things up and install Delphi anew. ...
    (alt.comp.lang.borland-delphi)
  • Integrating Help Files
    ... Does anybody else have problems integrating 3rd party help files in Delphi? ... We are using Delphi 7 and a variety of 3rd party components, ...
    (borland.public.delphi.ide)