Re: Fastcode MM Rule

Hi Robert,

> I'm curious to see whether Pierre's new MM will invalidate the previous
> analysis!

I kinda put that version on ice when everyone complained that I'm not
allowed to use the last few bytes in a block (that dword reading/writing
rule). It had 8-byte aligned blocks with 1 byte overhead between blocks. The
memory usage was good, but I still had to work on the speed. I've still got
it somewhere, so I can finish it if that rule ever gets changed.

At the moment I'm working on a different idea, but I don't get much time to
work on it, so it might take a while (and even then the idea might turn out
to be not that great). Sadly it seems the more genius a plan seems
initially, the more complicated the implementation becomes and the slower it
eventually turns out to be :-(.

Regards,
Pierre

  • Re: Fastcode MM Rule
    ... > I kinda put that version on ice when everyone complained that I'm not ... > allowed to use the last few bytes in a block (that dword reading/writing ... Prev by Date: ...
    (borland.public.delphi.language.basm)
  • Re: ice fishing
    ... Kinda like a hot wire foam cutter for ice. ... I'm a gonna have to drive a few hours to find a frozen lake around here. ...
    (rec.crafts.metalworking)
  • Re: GE Side by Side Freezer Problems
    ... "Goldlexus" wrote ... There is nothing in the way of the door properly shutting. ... OK--But...when our ice was built up, we couldn't see it, either. ... Heh, hate to admit it, but the ice was clear and my eyes are kinda bad. ...
    (alt.home.repair)
  • Re: Second Weekend in Dec. Time Wasting Thread
    ... Baileys on ice ok? ... I kinda just like cheap beer sometimes. ...
    (alt.fan.letterman)