Re: MM: What should be the maximum allocated size ?

> > Really interesting, I just opened my eyes and saw that it is
> > possible to reserve more memory than available (Windows, Mozilla
> > and Delphi should use more than 100Mb)...
>
> The memory is only being reserved, not commited. You should try and
> see what happens if you change that parameter to make it commit.

It turns out for me the maximum commit size equals the maximum reserve
size. Would it perhaps only really commit on the first write?

  • Re: Thread Stacks
    ... Any CreateThread calls in library functions that specified a commit size of 0 will also change. ... Its always going to be easier to increase the reserve stack size rather than decrease it. ...
    (comp.arch)
  • Re: Question about virtual memory setting and how much to use
    ... very few desktops have gigs of memory. ... ...plus, it is possible to keep xp from paging to the pagefile, it ... just about all programs reserve more virtual memory then they need... ... process...trimming the pagefile lower then the commit charge as a total ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Anwendung führt "keinen Code aus", nachdem mind. ein cpp mit der Option /clr erstellt wurde, VS
    ... Die Einstellungen Linker -> System Heap Reserve Size, Heap Commit, Stack ...
    (microsoft.public.de.vc)
  • Re: Thread Stacks
    ... > to trap the exception. ... > the exception handler I can't find) the current stack bottom address in ... To perform automatic commit stack expansion, ... the whole commit range into reserve space up to the touched page. ...
    (comp.arch)
  • Re: Change 5c371b31be3203 in stable breaks Xen
    ... commit 2216d199b1430d1c0affb1498a9ebdbd9c0de439 upstream ... do not reserve 2 pages of padding between hypervisor and fixmap. ...
    (Linux-Kernel)