Re: FastMM (and others) feature suggestion

Simon Kissel wrote:

> Wow, sounds great. It would be really really REALLY nice if Kylix could
> be supported. Pretty please? ;)

Linux is a malloc/free/realloc based system. There meight be some glibc
functions which force you to use the "Linux" memory manager. Especially
WideStrings are reference counted under Linux and not handled by the
system.

--
Regards,

Andreas Hausladen

  • Re: Wild speculations about the "other" factors
    ... see Delphi for Linux targeted at the Linux Server-side population? ... which is probably one of the reasons that Kylix didn't make enough ... If Borland expected the Open Source community to suddenly all fall in love ... Linux is a very reliable commonly used Server OS used by the customers. ...
    (borland.public.delphi.non-technical)
  • Re: A Modest Proposal *
    ... Then why aren't these people who want to use Kylix actually using Kylix ... for server-side Linux development. ... I think Linux deployment is ... Sure, I agree, but they're fighting those battles on Windows and .NET too. ...
    (borland.public.delphi.non-technical)
  • Re: A Modest Proposal *
    ... for server-side Linux development. ... but without official Kylix support and movement forward there ... But my point was that Kylix has support for server-side development, ...
    (borland.public.delphi.non-technical)
  • Re: Opinions on KYLIX 3 (Delphi 4 Linux)
    ... I've used Kylix 3 in the past, but would not consider it nowadays, ... will probably halt any further Linux developement. ... Linux, Ada is the one ... to be made, and so I agreed to light his cigarette for 10 pence, but I ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • Re: Kylix
    ... share of Windows vs. Linux customers has shifted to about 90% Linux). ... Borland is missing SO much. ... It works great, also with Kylix. ... Win32 only, .NET only, Linux/CLX/Cross platform only. ...
    (borland.public.delphi.non-technical)