Re: Fastcode B&V's versus Memory Managers -2

Hi Dennis,

> Does the announcement from Borland regarding a new MM in the next Delphi
> make it worth rediscussing which MM we should use in our B&V's?

If Borland replaces the MM in the next Delphi, it will make our benchmarks
very difficult to compare - results under older Delphi versions may differ
drastically from results under the latest version. Even if the new MM is
good we might have to replace it anyway just to be able to compare results
between Delphi versions.

Perhaps it is a bridge we should cross when we get there.

Regards,
Pierre

  • A case for Microsoft
    ... I have been a Borland fan since turbo Pascal and paradox. ... specifically Delphi. ... set (in the meeting to make the decision, the developers' comments were ... The decision to sell the IDE products (which ...
    (borland.public.delphi.non-technical)
  • Re: Delphi 8 ... is it a worthy investment?
    ... the directions Borland has taken is effecting people personally. ... are solo developers - ... That puts a lot of Borland's customers in the same position as me. ... Up until Delphi 6 this was not really an issue - it was always easy to ...
    (borland.public.delphi.non-technical)
  • Re: VB6, VB2005, or Something Else?
    ... up" the language rather than any requirement of the platform change. ... the site seems to have articles from Borland too. ... don't understand is that you are moving completely to Delphi. ... including a fundamental data type. ...
  • Re: Borlands linux strategy ?
    ... What would be so awful for Borland, as a company, from a strategic perspective, to start a new product line that targets non-asp.net, non-windows development? ... My point is that if you try to port Delphi, and what makes Delphi Delphi, to another development platform, it will fail. ... This is the main point of my argument for why Delphi is and should remain a Windows development tool. ... It's hard for a software vendor to make any money from dev tools alone, especially in the ISV market. ...
    (borland.public.delphi.non-technical)
  • Win32, Linux, .NET >> Where is this mess going to?
    ... how many Delphi developers are thinking about moving to M$ ... Visual Studio and C# rather then staying with Borland Delphi 2005? ... looks like Borland is doing more work for M$ then for their own products. ... but it could ONLY compile Win32 applications. ...