Re: {$SetPEFlags IMAGE_FILE_LARGE_ADDRESS_AWARE}

IMHO we need test it, GetMem receive a Integer value that's signed 32bit, I
don't know if actual delphi can go over MaxInt.

The LAA permit to 32bit code to allocate 4GB of ram instead of 2GB.

"Pierre le Riche" <pleriche@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> Hi Leonel,
>
>> To enable support for a user mode address space greater than 2GB you
>> will have to use the EditBin* tool to set the LARGE_ADDRESS_AWARE flag
>> in the EXE header. This informs Windows x64 or Windows 32-bit (with the
>> /3GB option set) that the application supports an address space larger
>> than 2GB (up to 4GB).
>> *The EditBin tool ships with the MS Visual C compiler.
>
> I should actually change that comment to reflect the fact that you can use
> the {$SetPEFlags} directive. I didn't know about it at the time.
>
> Regards,
> Pierre

  • Re: {$SetPEFlags IMAGE_FILE_LARGE_ADDRESS_AWARE}
    ... > IMHO we need test it, GetMem receive a Integer value that's signed 32bit, ... > I don't know if actual delphi can go over MaxInt. ... contiguous block is somewhere in the region of 1.9GB. ...
    (borland.public.delphi.language.basm)
  • Re: Why doesnt MS release source?
    ... > the fact that VCL source is shipped with Delphi: ... > The link I posted earlier contains Microsoft's reasoning to not release ...
    (borland.public.delphi.non-technical)
  • Re: getmem: unsicherer Code
    ... ich bin sicher nicht der ganz grosse Programmierer, ... Allerdings bekomme ich in der Hinweiszeile seit Delphi 7 immer den ... Hinweis Getmem unsicherer Code ...
    (de.comp.lang.delphi.misc)
  • Re: Argh! Delphi 2005! Argh!
    ... "Leonel" wrote in message ... Adding to that is the fact that anyone using Delphi for such development is ... the improvements are to the IDE and help... ... they dont need or want in the first place. ...
    (borland.public.delphi.non-technical)
  • Re: Freeing a record which contains a string field leads to a memory/string leak ?!
    ... > string and a boolean. ... standard functions provided by Delphi for dynamic management of records you ... Why in the world are you using GetMem and FreeMem for records? ...
    (alt.comp.lang.borland-delphi)