Re: Tired of the rumors

From: Danny Thorpe (nomail_at_borland.com)
Date: 03/25/04

Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 12:03:38 -0800

"Jeff Molloy" <samsci@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
news:40625a5d$1@newsgroups.borland.com...
> Could this be clarified or not?
>
> There is a rumor going around that Microsoft offered Danny Thorpe a job.
> True or not and if true, is Danny leaving Borland?

The rumors of my death are greatly exaggerated.

I have no plans to leave Borland for the forseeable future.

If you can find the person who started or propagates this rumor, please stop
them. These rumors significantly inhibit Borland's ability to conduct
business with Microsoft. When Microsoft hears such rumors, their reflexive
action is to shut down all communications with Borland until they can
conduct a survey of all of their internal contact points to determine the
validity of the rumor. I've only recently been able to reopen communication
channels that were closed in January.

To the best of my knowledge, no Borlander that I'm aware of that has moved
to Microsoft in the past year was solicited by Microsoft. The conversations
were initiated by the individuals, not by Microsoft.

It's true that I will be in Redmond next week on normal Borland business.
I've been up there several times in the past few years for technology
summits, and hope to be up there several more times this year. Borland
cannot develop world-class .NET tools in a vacuum, nor can Microsoft develop
the .NET platform and build industry support for their platform without
industry input.

-Danny

Delphi Compiler Core: http://homepages.borland.com/dthorpe/blog/delphi/

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Sorry, no XP SP3 RTM until April it seems
    ... Unless and until I see confirmation from Microsoft, ... concerned this is nothing but unsubstantiated rumor. ... Please Reply to the Newsgroup ... There has been a similar rumour here in the UK :-) ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Sorry, no XP SP3 RTM until April it seems
    ... Unless and until I see confirmation from Microsoft, ... concerned this is nothing but unsubstantiated rumor. ... Microsoft MVP - Windows Desktop Experience ... Please Reply to the Newsgroup ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: $99 deal for all Testking Exams
    ... But this is a new rumor that I got straight ... A new and improved rumor. ... because some microsoftie posts a position from the web interface, ... From a microsoft IP, for starters. ...
    (microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse)
  • Re: XP Automatically Sending Product Registration Numbers??
    ... > I recently heard a rumor from a computer "guru" that XP automatically ... > sends to Microsoft Corp product registration numbers of any Microsoft ... > the first time an Internet connection is made. ... It's not a rumor, it's called Product Activation, and Microsoft is fairly up ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: Limited ;) marketing idea
    ... >> has agreements with Microsoft, Cisco, Oracle, etc. ... very good incentive for Borland. ... >> etc. have in a matter of months. ... >> marketing strategy has always been crap in my opinion, ...
    (borland.public.delphi.non-technical)