Re: Delphi 2005's packaging is the nicest yet.

From: Nick Hodges [TeamB] (nickhodges_at_gmail.com)
Date: 03/18/05

Date: 17 Mar 2005 18:52:39 -0800

Mark Andrews wrote:

> I don't recall anyone saying they bought Delphi because the packaging
> was "nice". I have seeen several people say they wish they hadn't
> bought it because it wasn't yet stable. Most developers were happy
> with the standard white & blue or black and orange box that contained
> a nice set of manuals and some cd's appropriately packaged in a
> sleeves or jewel boxes. No one ever complained about the packaging.
> They do complain about the bugs.

Well, now I'm not at all sure what your point is.

--
Nick Hodges -- TeamB
Lemanix Corporation -- http://www.lemanix.com

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Delphi 2005s packaging is the nicest yet.
    ... > I don't recall anyone saying they bought Delphi because the packaging ... You typically get the packaging *after* you buy the software. ...
    (borland.public.delphi.non-technical)
  • code packaging
    ... is that developers get the code working on their own ... serious packaging and distribution tools very early in development, ... really don't have any way to put a complete installation on my own ... This is a fairly complex server app that ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • Re: Trying to get PackMan to install GCC
    ... This is a genuine attempt to create a packaging system. ... and developers for the benefit of the RISC OS community, ... RO users) is that everything on the hard-disk belongs to the person ...
    (comp.sys.acorn.apps)
  • Re: how many users is enough? (was Re: Debian Installer 7.0 Beta4 release)
    ... Packaging will differ if the maintainer thinks that an optional dep is ... it was for a package maintained by their developers ... from a distro to another, even it the other is the ancestor. ... I really think that the packaging is not so easy as it sounds. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Suns New Software Model: Does it Deliver? (fwd)
    ... > package of it for one of the recognized distribution sites, ... And if some site has a pretty detailed packaging policy, ... they distributed and they offered source developers this or that. ... Even if the source does not build without a glitch on Solaris, ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)