Re: Has Borland/DevCo used this?

Blackbird Crow Raven wrote:

The following quote, from:
http://www.opcconnect.com/delphi.php
may be good marketing material.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
'How do I use Delphi for OPC development?'
This is one of the questions that we are most frequently asked. It
turns out that Delphi is an ideal language and environment for OPC
development, and particularly for client programming.

That's what we use Delphi for. There's a fair amount of software out
there that can be used with Delphi (and Delphi/.Net) for industrial
process control. A good place to look is:

http://www.softwaretoolbox.com/

Do a search on "Delphi" and you'll see a respectable list compatible
software for MMI (man-machine interface), PC to PLC communications,
etc.. Industrial process control is a large market with a lot of
custom software development
(BTW, PLC = Programmable Logic Controllers; widely used in industry
for real world electrical connections)..

Regards,
Don

  • Has Borland/DevCo used this?
    ... The following quote, from: ... 'How do I use Delphi for OPC development?' ... Zany Time Travels of Warble McGorkle". ...
    (borland.public.delphi.non-technical)
  • Re: Has Borland/DevCo used this?
    ... 'How do I use Delphi for OPC development?' ... out that Delphi is an ideal language and environment for OPC development, ... Delphi and CBuilder OPC Client and Server development. ...
    (borland.public.delphi.non-technical)
  • The Oracle of Delphi
    ... history of the American automotive industry. ... expense of traditional business health and pension benefits in the U.S. ... A Delphi worker who earns $25 an hour actually costs an average of $65 ... workers as GM's payroll needs increased. ...
    (soc.retirement)
  • Re: Delphi Developer Psychology
    ... > a long time in this industry, and have never seen such a thing as people ... I haven't noticed this at Delphi 1 time, but now many US Delphi jobs are per ... In fact Atlanta was flirting ... amount of work out of them in a telecommute situation. ...
    (borland.public.delphi.non-technical)
  • Re: A fossil makes a statement
    ... M$ dominates the industry ... C++ will become from a major player to a minor player. ... M$ decides to tweak its system to even kill off Delphi. ... This market dominance is going to hurt this industry ...
    (borland.public.delphi.non-technical)