Re: Thinking Clearly

lurkio wrote:

In fact, most of them
probably wouldn't even touch VCL.NET anyway for similar semi-religious
reasons to those you mentioned as it is viewed as being tied very much
to the "old school" way of doing things.

Delphi was never an attractive tool for people who won't touch
anything MS doesn't produce. Those people aren't a potential market for
Delphi. I personally see VCL.NET as having more of a future than
WinForms, but WPF is attractive no matter where you write your code.
The notion of going with WinForms because you don't want to do "old
school" stuff is nonsensical to me.

--
Craig Stuntz [TeamB] · Vertex Systems Corp. · Columbus, OH
Delphi/InterBase Weblog : http://blogs.teamb.com/craigstuntz

  • Re: Captain Jakes Top Ten List of what Id like to see in thenextversionofDelphi
    ... MFC and WinForms do not. ... For the Delphi developer, there is less of an argument. ... How many VCL Win32 customers have been asking their vendors to support ... Delphi developers, moving their existing Win32 application to .NET ...
    (borland.public.delphi.non-technical)
  • Re: The New Roadmap
    ... WinForms is not my first choice for .Net UI apps. ... for the VCL since Delphi 1. ... VCL in both places where it makes sense. ... Why would you ever *need* to write a .NET GUI app? ...
    (borland.public.delphi.non-technical)
  • Re: VCL.NET revisited...
    ... That's probably because I *am* an existing Delphi developer (among ... WinForms but I'm hard put to blame all the sluggish response of .NET ... Adding Avalon support isn't what I had in mind for new WinForms ... The .Net framework, yes, but not WinForms. ...
    (borland.public.delphi.non-technical)
  • Re: Delphi 8 info
    ... > can't put VCL.NET components on a Winforms form and vice versa. ... not floating like in Delphi. ... Deployment of the .NET runtime is a short-term issue. ... VCL.NET runtime classes into a monolithic exe or can link against the ...
    (borland.public.delphi.non-technical)
  • Re: Pleased...
    ... WinForms as a UI...nearly as fast as native Win32 Delphi code. ... ..NET) applications that are not reliant on the VCL.NET. ...
    (borland.public.delphi.non-technical)