Re: Thinking Clearly

"Bruce McGee" <bmcgee@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:xn0eoj5l71lee0o009@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Dan Barclay wrote:

Most of us don't care to go backwards with our code. We're not in
the business of going backwards. Even if we're moving .Net code to
Win32 we wouldn't be doing it because we think (or intend) we're
going backwards with our app. Even in the example Bruce gives, his
code needs to be forward compatible even though his app needs to work
on (as in "crunch") previous versions of Delphi.

I don't think of it so much as me going backward. I prefer to think of
it as supporting people and companies who have not yet moved forward.
At a significant hourly rate. :)

<chuckle> Yea, that works.

Dan

.